Monday, October 6, 2008

I'm ba-ack

So, so, so, so much to say. But there’s so little I actually should say in such a public forum. So I’m going to toe the line. I know some people (hi, Patty) are dying for a full update. And others may be mildly curious.

[though who am I fooling – most people come to my blog after searching about natural hair or afros…And I’m happy to say I LOVE my fro and just got a great cut, but this blog is not about natural hair…sorry]

Well – I have my life back. I produced my first big event for work and it went wonderfully. I hit my goal, went over budget (some items were poorly budgeted and others improperly budgeted), and feel great about it. I’m exhausted though. I have thoroughly crashed, but I’m not taking any days off till my grandfather comes to visit in a few weeks.

In other news…yes, K is still around.

Which is a surprisingly apathetic response, but short of standing on top of a mountain and screaming about how I have found the nicest, realest, kindest, funnest, happiest, everything-est man on the face of the earth, I can’t really do how I feel justice. I feel so comfortable and so happy with him.

And only a little bit scared.

And everyday, I get a little better about quieting the scared part. I get a little more open to making plans more than a month out. I feel a little more ready for this. A little more. Not a lot more. I’m still…well…terrified. I’m trying to let go and let God and just be present. But this is dragging me, all but kicking and screaming, away from everything I ever knew and challenging pretty much every idea I had about life and love and relationships. I really need to just take some sit down time and meditate/pray on this. It’s pretty undeniable what I feel, but it’s so freaking scary….and by scary (which is a cop-out inadequate word for it), I mean it’s refreshing and liberating and new. And it’s so new that I don’t know how to handle it. Which is scary.

Beyond that – I’m excited for the election. I’m refusing to think about what could happen if Obama doesn’t win. He will win. I’ve got some other posts I need to make in regards to some of the issues on the CA ballot – those will be posted soon.

That’s it for now. I promise, I’m back from the wilderness and I’ll be posting more often.

No comments: