Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Why I haven't posted

I haven't posted in a while and it's not for lack of trying. I've started posts and not finished them. It's partially a function of being busy. And partially a realization that it was very easy to share with strangers and the whole wide world everything that was going wrong. And now that things are right - I don;'t want to share. Lord help me, but I'm turning into Beyonce and considering my relationship "sacred" or whatever the celebrity buzzword for mind your own business is.

I guess now would have been the more interesting to have been writing. Goodness and my own attempts at googling have revealed that there's few resources for black girls dating Asian guys. If I was clever or witty, I'm sure I could have retrieved a few blog postings from lunch with his mom, or Thanksgiving dinner (oh the drama of what to wear and what to bring), or the day of shopping with his mom and godmother. There's also the stares, the quizzical looks, the strangers feeling the need to comment on our Benetton-ad cuteness.

But at the end of the day, as much as some of it is undoubtedly cultural, and I do google what to say or do or bring, a lot of it isn't. I'm not sure when I stopped freaking out that I had an Asian boyfriend and just freaked out about having a boyfriend, and then stopped freaking out at all. I've never felt this secure and confident in or about a relationship. Which is why I don't need to write paragraphs and paragraphs and paragraphs about it here, because there's nothing to digest or stress about or ramble about. It just is. And that's nice.

So I guess I need to think of other things to be brilliant and fabulous about since I have this part of my life figured out...stay tuned

No comments: