Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A bit of perspective

I'm not a believer in the idea that you should downplay what's going on in your life because someone else has it worse. Someone always has it worse - but that doesn't mean that my shit isn't valid.

That said sometimes you hear about someone else and their struggles and how much worse they have it and how they're kicking ass and it's just like: whoa. I've just got depression and superficial stuff - but this, this is real.

That's how I felt when I read this blog posting by Jeff W., a fellow "Yelper" who I don't know, but but I admire for sharing his story. I am impressed and inspired by his strength. I was also happy to hear earlier today that the mass spotted on the scan was not cancerous. Nevertheless, I'm sending positive thoughts, well wishes, and prayers for Jeff's health and love to his family.

No comments: