Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Brilliant and Fabulous: The Holidays, Pt. 1

So the last few posts haven't been too terribly brilliant or fabulous. But the reality is that you can't be brilliant and fabulous all the time...and if you've figured out a way to be brilliant and fabulous all the time, please share.

Anyway - I'm now knee deep in planning my first Christmas party. Right now, 10-15 of my friends will be descending on my apartment on Sunday afternoon. How, you wonder, can I have 10-15 people in my shoebox? Well, luckily my house has 2 decks with combined square footage that's larger than my little place and since I live in California, the weather is nice enough to do a Sunday afternoon shindig outdoors.

Nevertheless, I've been preparing my little home for the event. I've put up a Christmas tree (2 actually, but one is a table top) and even purchased and decorated a wreath for my front door. There's something funny that happens to you when you realize that you've a) bought a wreath, b) you've bought an un-pre-decorated wreath, and c) you're disappointed that Michael's doesn't have white feathers for your wreath (you do, however, draw the line at scouring other craft stores for the feathers). I've also tasked myself to getting my apartment clean in time. AH! that's the real test - or rather, cleaning it this early in the week and committing to keeping it clean till Sunday. I've also planned a small menu of hors d'oeuvres and am still perplexed as to what drinks to serve.

Anyway, updates and pictures from the event will be posted.

No comments: