Friday, September 21, 2007

I think I picked the wrong career

I really thinking I was supposed to be a teacher - specifically an algebra teacher. Not to sound braggy, but I have a gift for explaining algebra and I like it and I like seeing when a kid gets it. Granted I'm only 3 weeks into tutoring, but it's going very well - I had a repeat student yesterday from last week and was able to explain a concept to another student that the other tutor and the student's mom couldn't. Yay!

But there's not much I can do about it. Until I find a rich husband who can help pay for my student loans, I can't just throw away my B.S.B.A. and go back to school for teaching credentials. How was I supposed to know what my gifts were at age 20? How am I supposed to know, now, what my gifts are? I'm good at what I do. I enjoy it. it's not completely horrible or great, but I don't dread going to work the way I did in past positions. But how do I know if this is what I'm supposed to do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's settled then - I'll send Ben your way when the time comes...hehe. Because I SUCK at teaching, especially math!