Saturday, September 29, 2007

A lot can change...

...In just a few hours.

So I did not feel well yesterday. Actually I felt better than I did Thursday evening, but I wasn't 100%. Nevertheless, there was a Yelp DYL (Destroy Your Liver - happy hour) in Oakland - which are few and far between. I replied on the event thread that I prob wouldn't make it because I was grouchy and felt icky and wanted to be a hermit. Well Tina (one of my favorites) wasn't having that and said that I had to come because she missed me. So I went.

And had a BLAST.

It was at the Congo Room in Rockridge. The night started with a few drinks with the rowdy yelpers. Then the bar was taken over by a birthday party. Early in the party, a tall, (very) dark, and handsome (and well-dressed...hello! my favorite type) man walked in - but he couldn't really see me because I was mixed in with my group and he was with his. I made the right moves to be kinda noticed - but nothing. Finally...Lise's husband (my new dating guru) and Tina's man said that it would be perfectly acceptable for me to buy this guy a drink. So I bought my drink and asked the bartender if she knew what he was drinking - she did - so I bought it, took it over, said hi, and walked away. A few minutes later, he waved me over and said: Thanks, but you can't bring a drink over and then walk away. So we talked. He's pretty nice. Great looking. Later we danced a little, went back to our respective groups then danced more later. He has my number... but you know what - it was enough just to kinda test out being brazen.

So moral of the story - when you have nothing to lose...you may have something to gain. Or something like that. I'm still a wee bit hungover.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah well, you owe me a phone call missy... ;)

Anonymous said...

Check this one out (when I saw the pic, I thought it was you!).

http://www.topstitchgirl.blogspot.com/

Bev Love said...

Gracie B
In response to your comments on my blog: I live in Antioch so I don't know anything about the knitting scene in Oakland or Berkeley but I have heard it is very good. I do not belong to any knitting groups. If you are not on Ravelry yet you should sign up for an invite. There are many bay area groups on there that post this type of information, you might also meet some new Sistah friends. We have a blog group Ebony Elite too. Google Ebony Elite and you should be able to find us. There are no local yarn stores in Antioch, I have only been to Art Fibers in San Francisco.