Thursday, September 13, 2007

Random thoughts for today

Kinda all over the the place today - Hopefully, I'll get my mind straightened out this weekend.
In the meantime here's a slightly coherent, tangential post of pretty much unrelated topics:
  1. I effing love the internets. I LOVE the internets. I have a hard time believing there was life pre-internets. Shopping, meeting people, finding things, watching television...seriously - is there anything you CAN'T do on the internet. Today's obsession - pandora.com. I know, I'm like 2 years late, but I love it. Especially since my iPod died. It totally saves me from having to listen to people at work. Not that I wouldn't want to listen to people at work. But you know - having an endless supply of music makes things nice. Besides music, I just love how a medium that had the potential to isolate us has really brought us together. Thanks to instant message an message boards, I've kept up with friends regardless of distance and met new friends.
  2. I'm obsessed with knitting right now. I got like this last fall too. But now I know how to make hats. Oh yeah.
  3. I wish I had more girl friends. I had a great talk night before last with my friend Patty. We worked together when we were both in school in DC. Then she moved back to NYC and now I'm out here. But it was just such a great talk. It would be nice if I had a friend like her to hang out with and drink wine and chill and just have fun. Not to say I don't miss my DC friends in general.
  4. I'm enjoying tutoring. Yesterday was my second day tutoring at the Oakland libraries. I've worked with 2 different adorable young men with math. Its fun and so rewarding to help them. I wish there were more girls - so I could be more of a mentor, but this is pretty good too
  5. The universe has a f*cked up sense of humor. I don't wanna go into too many details but why is it that nothing ever turns out 100% right. Things are always "great...but...". Like - you meet a great guy...but he wants to be friends. Or you meet another and there's something off about him. Or you have a great apartment but there's no kitchen. Or you move to a great place but you have no friends or... or... you know. Like seriously - is it possible to just get something good...without turning around and being bitchslapped by reality?
That's it for now. I'm sure there's more, but...


Lolcat from http://www.smoothharold.com/2007/03/how-to-drive-site-traffic-by-going.html

No comments: